Hey, it’s Emily from It Girl Rag Doll with another month hair tutorial for ya!
I use pin curls and rag curls to curl my hair all the time, (hot tools just don’t do the trick on my extremely straight hair). A pin curl is basically just rolling up your hair around your fingers, laying it flat on your head and sticking some bobby pins in, but let me take you through it step by step.
1. Start with a side part.
2. Grab that first section of hair and separate it from the rest.
3. Take your other hand and place two fingers on top of the chunk of hair. I start right around the middle, this helps to get the ends nice and curled as well, sometimes that part can get a bit tricky.
4. Bring the hair up and over your fingers and wrap it around, continue to wrap the bottom half of the hair around your fingers till you come to the end. Try to tuck in the very ends of your hair as best possible.
5. Once all the bottom half of the hair is in the roll, slip a finger out and start rolling the whole thing up towards your head.
6. When you get to the end, lay it flat along your head, adjust here and there until you are happy with the curl.
7 & 8. You should only need about 3 bobby pins to secure the curl. I usually put them in as sort of a triangle, and try to hide them under the curl as best as possible. Once it is secure, you’re done!
Pin curls take a bit of practice, but once you get it down it’s super fast and easy and looks real cute. And it curls your hair at the same time, what more could you ask for??
I went ahead and did some more as you can see pictured here, go crazy and get creative with it, you can make some really cool hairstyles with these things, or just use them to curl your hair, either way you are lookin’ great!
Don’t forget to stop back next month for more hairstyles from yours truly! – Emily
click here for more diy hair from emily!