Hi everyone! This is Aya from Strawberry Koi, with another simple yet versatile hairstyle perfect for everyday wear. I’m taking a side braid and giving it a romantic twist! But first, some quick and easy steps…
1) Start with pre-curled hair. As with most of my tutorials, I simply set my hair wet in a French braid overnight. This creates natural, loose waves clear to the roots that last all day.
2) Part your hair. I chose to side-part my hair, and used the side with “less” hair for a mermaid-inspired feel.
3) Begin French braiding your hair from the roots. Just like a regular braid, but pull more hair from the left and right sides and cross over into the middle section as you go.
4) Continue braiding until you reach the nape of your neck.
5) The back can be tricky. If you aren’t especially skillful at french braiding (such as myself) leave the hair slightly loose. Not only will this hide small flaws, it will look more romantic anyway.
6) Now as you braid, gather long but thin sections of hair to weave into the french braid. Leave it very loose so the braid will hang down, otherwise braiding it tightly will guide the hair upward into a Heidi braid!
7) Braid the remaining hair into a regular, ol’ fashioned braid until the desired length and tie.
8) Take the edges of the braid and tug, loosen and relax the braid to make it fuller and softer looking.
I love this look because it’s even better the messier it is, and it’s also fun to weave in ribbons, flowers, or bows. Just have fun with it!
Aya (DIY Hair Contributor)
click here for more diy hair!