Hello everyone! Aya from Strawberry Koi here. I’ve always been a fan of “Gone with the Wind,” especially the character Scarlett O’Hara herself.
Scarlett is elegant, feminine, sophisticated and most importantly bull-headed and stubborn…. ahhh, a girl after my own heart. So this is a very quick and easy style in reflection of her gorgeous style, perfect for a subtle but classic vintage vibe. (A great way to wear this style is also to put the rest of your hair into a bun… so 1940s!).
1. You are going to need about 4 bobby pins, have them ready to go because you’ll only have one hand to work with.
2. Part your hair down the center. If you have bangs/fringe, simply start just behind your bangs/fringe section of hair.
3. Grab a small section of hair at your hairline (or just behind your bangs). I like to leave some hair beneath the section to hang over my ears, and make the over all look appear fuller-bodied.
4. Smooth out the hair slightly with a brush or your fingers.
5. Twist the section of hair, and PUSH it into itself at the base of the twist until it bulges slightly.
6. Slide a bobby pin into the twist; find that perfect position to hold the hair, but also hiding the bobby pin. Place a second bobby pin over the first, to secure.
7. Follow the above directions for the other side.
Aya (DIY Hair Contributor)
click here for more diy hair!
scarlett o’hara photos via the kobal collection