Hello everyone! Aya from Strawberry Koi here, with another amazingly simply ‘do perfect for girls who want elegance and simplicity all in one sweet package. I’ve done a variation on this style before, with the hair pinned at a higher position and long locks. This style is great for a slightly more bohemian look, and super gorgeous with a wavy bob. Don’t worry though, it’s perfectly long-hair friendly and suitable for almost all hair types.
1. Curl your hair by your preferred method. I used a straight iron for messy waves to create a bohemian look. Part your hair on the side or middle to your preference.
2. Here are the curls I had to work with. Don’t worry if they are not perfect, actually a bit of that tussled look is natural and lovely!
3. Use your fingers to gently comb out the curls. I ran my fingers through only a couple of times, but it’s okay to really dig in there to soften the curls. (You might want to use a bit of light hairspray after this step)
4. Take the section of hair including your bang-section (or exclude your bangs if they are cut short), TWIST and pull around to the lower-side of your head behind your ear.
5. Take two bobby pins and pin in place in an “X” shape, one over the other for strong all-day hold. With the hair beside your pinned area, allow it to drape over top of the bobby pins to hide them and enhance to that bohemian vibe.
6. Repeat on the other side.
Another great way to hid the pins and to add some sweetness is to add an accessory. I love to use big ruffly flowers!
Aya (DIY Hair Contributor)
click here for more diy hair!