I don’t know about you, but my cords get tangled all the time. Are you feelin’ me Drifter & the Gypsy readers? Fear not, this month I have possibly the most useful craft project I have ever shared: Taco-Folded Cord Cases.
This craft takes 5 minutes and when you’re done, you will never have to worry about your cords getting tangled ever again!
– Leather scraps
– Hole punch (optional)
– Press Stud Buttons (like these)
– Sharp scissors
1. Using a lead pencil or chalk, trace a circle onto the underside of the leather approximately 3 inches (8 cm) in diameter. I used a glass as a guide.
2. With very sharp scissors, cut around the line you drew
3. Fold the circle in half so that the two sides line up. Then measure about 1/2 inch (1 cm) from the top edge and mark a spot on the leather.
4. If you have a small hole punch (3 mm) use it to punch a hole over the mark you just made. If you don’t have a hole punch use you scissors to carefully snip a 3 mm ‘x’ into the fabric instead. Fold the fabric over again and use the hole as a guide to mark the other side. Punch a second hole over the second mark, this will ensure the two line up.
5. Following the directions on the press studs packet, thread the pieces through the first hole and using the tool provided, hammer to secure. Repeat with the opposite side.
To use, simply wind your cords around three fingers to loop neatly. Place the wrapped up cords in the center of the case and clip together to secure. Now say goodbye to the annoyance of untangling any cords!
Dani (DIY Craft contributor)
click here for more diy craft by dani!