Fishtail braids are a great variation of the classic braid to get your hair out of your face in an elegant way. I remember my mom braiding my hair in fishtails when I was young and always getting compliments on it! It’s one of those hairstyles that looks more complicated than it actually is and we all love those.
Makeup artist and hairstylist Danika and I are teaming up for a regular monthly column to show you how to do pretty things to your hair!
For this first ‘do, we gave the fishtail braid a new look in these fun and playful pigtails. Not sure how to fishtail braid? watch this video to learn how. Then follow these simple steps below to have fab hair in no time!
– Clear plastic hair elastics (such as Goody)
– Two hair elastics (color doesn’t matter since we will remove the elastic later)
– Flower crown
1. Part your hair where you like and section in two.
2. Secure each pigtail with an elastic (color doesn’t matter since it won’t show later).
3. Begin to fishtail braid. Once finished, secure the bottom of each braid with a clear elastic.
4. Carefully cut the top elastic out from the top of each braid.
5. Loosen and “fatten” up each fishtail braid by gently pulling them apart.
6. Give this hairstyle a carefree and boho feel by topping it off with a simple flower crown.
Hairstyle by Danika Lamb // Photography by Micaela Hoo
click here for more diy hair!