Something has happened to the United States and it’s called Snowvember. If you’re in Buffalo, New York, Snowvember takes on a whole new meaning. Case in point? This. And this. BuzzFeed even made a post about it. I somewhat spoiled living in California because Snowvember has decided to skip right over the extreme west and plague the rest of the nation. But still, this Herbal Vanilla Latte is the perfect solution for all.
HERBAL VANILLA LATTE
– 4 Tablespoons raw hemp seeds
– 1 cup spring water
– 3 cups hot herbal tea (chamomile, mint, nettle, rose)
– 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
– 2 teaspoons maca powder
– 2 teaspoons vanilla
– ½ teaspoon cinnamon
– 4 drops vanilla stevia or 1 teaspoon raw honey
– Pinch of sea salt
1. Place hemp seeds and water in blender and blend until smooth to make hemp seed milk.
2. Add remaining ingredients to milk and blend until smooth and frothy.
3. Serve and garnish with extra cinnamon.
Herbal teas are anti-inflammatory and most support digestion. The maca in this drink is what provides a boost of energy, enhances mood, supports strength and endurance, balances hormones and helps us cope with stress.
You can make this latte with any nut milk of choice, but I chose hemp seeds to add some complete protein and healthy fats to the drink.
Recipe developed by Giovanna Garcia // Intro & photography by Micaela Hoo
click here for more diy food.