My hair is finally getting long enough to put in milkmaid braids, which makes me very happy. Danika came up with this clever variation on the classic milkmaid braid by simply using fishtail braids instead of regular braids and I photographed the process. Here are milkmaid braids à la fishtail style!
– 2 clear hair elastics
– Bobbi pins
1. Start by sectioning each side and braid each into a fishtail. Secure each end with a clear elastic. (Not sure how to fishtail? Watch this video to learn how).
2. Separate each braid to make it appear softer and “fatter.”
3. Wrap one braid over the other and secure with bobbi pins. (Be sure to tuck and hide each bobbi pin under the braids… it will look much prettier this way).
4. Soften the look by gently pulling small pieces of hair out around the front.
5. Finish this style off with just a tad of hairspray for extra staying power. Don’t spray too much though since this look is soft and carefree.
Hair & Makeup by Danika Lamb // Photography by Micaela Hoo
click here for more hair tutorials.