When life is as unpredictable as a box of chocolates, there isn’t much as comforting as a box of chocolates themselves. Why? Because chocolate always tastes good, that’s why.
When Giovanna told me she was making her own chocolates (available to order online soon!), I imagined it being a super intensive and laborious process. But–as most things in life–this chocolate only LOOKS harder to make than it is.
– ½ cup raw cacao powder
– ½ cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
– 1-2 Tablespoons raw honey or grade B maple syrup
– Pinch of sea salt
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
2. Line a tray or flat plate with parchment paper and pour mixture over it. Spread out evenly to about ¼ inch thickness.
3. Place in refrigerator until firm, about 20 minutes. Break up into pieces and enjoy.
Raw cacao: High in antioxidants, magnesium, and iron. Aids in balancing blood sugar, boosts energy, balances mood and fights stress.
Raw honey: Antimicrobial and antibacterial. Supports the immune system.
Extra virgin coconut oil: Anti inflammatory, antibacterial, high in healthy fats, supports brain function, supports skin health and aids in weight loss by keeping us full longer.
Try this recipe for the next time you have a gathering. I bet you’ll impress every one of your guests! And they won’t even have to know it was a cinch to make. (Our lips are sealed).
Recipe developed by Giovanna Garcia // Intro & photography by Micaela Hoo
click here for more diy food.