I really like decorating with short sayings and phrases so for this month’s DIY build I really wanted to make some letters. I started experimenting with a few options and ended up really liking this combination of wood and copper. I am–just like almost all bloggers–still on a copper kick! And because I don’t have a miter saw or really any good place to do real carpentry I used balsa wood. It requires no saw or special supplies so anyone can quickly whip up these letters.
– Balsa Wood (I used 1/16” balsa wood I found on Amazon)
– Copper contact paper
– x-acto knife
1. Trace your letters on the balsa wood. I used a ruler on this step just to ensure that each letter was the same size (I made them 5” in height).
2. Cut each letter out using an x-acto knife.
3. Place some of the contact paper on each letter. I picked random placed to place the paper so I would have a good assortment of copper placement on the final saying.
4. Hang up the letters!
The letters are super light so you can hang then up with double-sided tape or command strips. No need to use a hammer or anything.
– Malissa (Build Contributor)
click here for more build tutorials.