Most women probably agree that a good mascara is essential to any beauty regime. I will let you in on a little secret, mascara wands are just as important as the formula inside the tube. Each type of mascara serves a different purpose. Here I share how to pick the right mascara wand to achieve your desired lashes.
Long, comb-like brushes with evenly spaced bristles are a great choice to separate and lengthen lashes. They do not add much volume, perfect for those with already full lashes.
TO CURL LASHES:
A curved brush lifts and curls the lashes better than a straight brush. It is the way to go for those with poker straight lashes. Make sure to use the wand so that the curve faces upwards and the lashes sit into the curve.
FOR THICKENING :
Go for a large, round wand with densely packed bristles. Generally if there are a lot of bristles, then the lashes will pull closer together and gives the effect of fuller lashes.
FOR PRECISION APPLICATION:
Spherical brush can deliver mascara to each individual lash, from tiny inner lashes to large outer ones. It is more time consuming to apply compared to the other wands.
1. Curl the lashes really well, then apply mascara from the roots of the top lashes, wiggle the wand side to side then upwards toward the tip of the lashes.
2. For even application, dip the wand in the mascara tube before applying the second eye.
3. Wipe off excess mascara on a tissue to prevent clumps.
4. To avoid flaking, avoid over applying a thin formula mascara to try and build up volume. Instead use a small amount of volume formula mascara.
5. Applying mascara to the bottom lashes will make your eyes look bigger.
6. Layer waterproof mascara on top of your normal formula. This makes your mascara last longer and easier to remove at the end of the day.
7. Use a cotton swab over dried mascara mistakes to remove the spot without ruining your eye makeup.
Melanie (Makeup Contributor)
click here for more makeup tutorials.