I have to say, I really like this hairdo. It’s a little fancier than wraparound braids or adding a bow and requires a few more steps than usual, but it’s worth it. Trust me. Wear this for a night out, special event or just the occasion of life. I’m attending a wedding later this month and I might try this hairdo out on myself!
– 1 or 1 1/2 inch curling iron, curling wand, or anything else that will give your hair a nice curl
– 2 butterfly clips
– Hair elastic
– Paddle brush
– Bobbi pins
1. Start with hair that has been slightly curled. You can use a curling iron/curling wand for this OR sleep with your hair in braids overnight for a nice soft wave.
2. Take two sections in the front (one on each side) and secure with clips.
3. Make a ponytail with the rest of the hair.
4. Make an opening with your thumb above the hair elastic and loop the ponytail through.
5. Tease the ponytail with a paddle brush to add a bit of volume and texture.
6. Roll up and tuck the hair, securing into place with bobbi pins.
7. Create a three strand braid with the two hair sections in front. Be sure to braid back so that it will nice and smooth.
8. Once finished braiding, overlap them two loosely over each other and pin into place.
9. Finish with a little bit of hairspray.
Hair & Makeup: Danika Lamb
Intro & Photography: Micaela Hoo
click here for more hair tutorials.