This updo was inspired by a little something something Diane Kruger wore to the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards in 2012. The updo is a deconstructed bun of sorts consisting of three mini buns rather than one big bun.
– Curling wand or 1 inch curling iron.
– 3-4 hair elastics
– Bobby pins
– Hair spray
1. Start by adding waves to the hair with a curling wand or 1 inch curling iron. Make sure to start the wave high up on the crown. This will give added texture to the finished look.
2. Divide hair starting at the front into three sections. Secure each section with your hair elastic by making a loop.
3. Secure the loop and hide the elastic by wrapping the end and pinning with a bobby pin. Do this with each section all the way down.
4. “Fatten” up each knot by gently pulling apart some of the loop after it has been pinned. This will add more volume and rough texture.
5. Finish with a bit of hairspray.
Hairstyle by Danika Lamb for Drifter & the Gypsy.
click here for more hair tutorials.